Saturday, 22 October 2011

Birthday Present

So my birthday was last Saturday and as E was working that day and night, I decided to do a patchwork workshop at The Cottonwood Tree, in Kilcullen. The class was nice and small (3 of us) and taught by Katie.

We learned a quick strip piecing method of doing a 9-patch block. It was a fun class, especially getting to pick fabrics, ribbon and buttons from the shop. Rose had fat quarters already cut or she would cut from the bolt if there was a particular print.

The great thing was that although we were all at different levels (from complete novice to some experience) we all came out with a beautiful finished product. The other two ladies made fabulous Christmas table runners. Katie's style of teaching is so easy going and enthusiatic that I couldn't help but get excited about embellishments and buttons and ribbons, stuff that I normally don't bother about.

I have to say that I will definitely be going back.

Talk soon
Tess

1 comment: